January 23, 2014

Gym Essentials- Finding The Right Fit for Your Best Workout!

Recently I've had a number of people inquire about the fact that I always look "put together", even in the gym. While I don't dress up for the gym by any means, my business in the gym is no different than my business outside of the gym. I like to look put together, presentable and ready for anything. You might ask "how do I achieve this?" Here are a few tips for bringing your A-game when heading to the gym.

START WITH YOUR COMFORT ZONE
How you dress inside the gym shouldn't be any different than outside of the gym. That is-- your clothes should be comfortable for you. For example, if you like loose clothing throughout the day, wear loose wide leg yoga pants and a cut off tee at the gym. If you tend to like more form fitting clothes shoot more for a leggings/ tank combo.
DRESS FOR ANYTHING
Make sure to dress in clothing that will leave you comfortable and prepared for anything that comes your way. Choose clothing that will breath and won't leave you drenched. Bring two pairs of shoes: one for training and one for running. I don't recommend using expensive running shoes to train in, it will only cut the life of the shoe by half.
BRING BACK UP
Ever show up to the gym only to realize your favorite small piece of equipment is being used or even worse, gone? Bring your own! Sure the gym should have what your looking for, but nothing can kill a workout more than an essential item is missing. For me, it's always my resistance bands. They're affordable and practical enough that I always carry my own with my in my gym bag. Here are a few of my favorite things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment